Ecospheric is an award winning Passive House consultancy that supports planners, architects and developers in designing and delivering pioneering eco developments that save carbon and drive technological change. We have a track record of supporting projects ranging from complex Passive House retrofits and innovative Paragraph 79 projects on landed estates through to the design of multi-story Passive House residential developments and low energy commercial and education buildings.
We also run our own ambitious experimental developments that lead the industry in incorporating the latest low energy technologies and methodologies. In our current pipeline is a Foodhall aiming for zero energy zero waste, 5 new build zero petrochemical and concrete free certified passive houses, renovation of an Elizabethan grade II* listed hall (our new office) with associated Edward Kemp landscape restoration and the conversion of a 300 year old Yorkshire barn to offgrid group accommodation.
Title: Passive House Architect
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 (Pro rata) negotiable dependant on experience
Location: Lymm, Cheshire (remote during Covid restrictions)
Hours: Full time or part time
Holiday: 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays (Pro rata)
Your role would cover three main elements:
- The architectural design for Ecospheric’s own developments
- Provision of Passive House and low energy design advice to architectural practices that enables them to deliver highly complex sustainable projects. Supported by our industry leading technical experts, you will provide upfront advice that fundamentally directs the initial massing, design scope and approach through to critiquing design and details. The expertise you provide will direct some of the most ambitious, award winning sustainable projects in the UK
- The creation of case studies and presentations that Ecospheric can deliver to universities and for Architectural CPD.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are ideally looking for one (ARB) registered Architect and one (CIAT) Architectural Technologist with qualifications and/or experience in Passive House design. We would however consider tweaking one of the positions to suit an individual from a different professional background providing as a minimum they have an in-depth knowledge of how houses are constructed and excellent CAD and portfolio presentation skills.
- ARB registered architect (desired)
- CIAT Architectural Technologist (desired)
- Professional qualification related to the built environment (essential)
- Passive House Designers qualification (desired)
- Experience of taking responsibility for client relationships and running projects (essential)
- Experience in both retrofit and new build with sustainable design focus (essential)
- CAD expert (product flexible) and Sketchup proficient (essential)
- Bid writing and estimate creation (desired)
- Creation of client facing presentations (essential)
- A full UK/European driving license (essential)
- Excellent spoken and written English (essential)
As a team, we are focused on projects that drive innovation in sustainability and change within the built environment. It is important that all members of our team have a passion for low energy design and a strong desire to have a positive impact on society. The position also requires the following attributes:
- Excellent project management skills
- Conscientious and thorough – good attention to detail is critical
- Skilled at client management
- Passionate and proactive with a positive can-do attitude.
If you have questions about this position, please email email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.ecospheric.co.uk.