We are expanding our team and are looking for an exceptional Senior Architect to join our Manchester team to support the delivery of prestige projects in our Manchester studio. This role offers the opportunity to be involved projects at all RIBA stages working collaboratively with a broad consultant team. We offer a rewarding and supportive environment for personal and professional development. This is an excellent opportunity to join our talented team and we are keen to talk to architects with excellent technical and conservation skills as well as enthusiasm for high quality work.
Purcell is an award-winning employee-owned architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a commitment to quality, innovation, and diversity. We have staff of approximately 280 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices, in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Winners of Architect Employer of the Year 2022.
Collaboration is central to our employee-ownership culture, providing opportunities to work on some of the finest buildings; from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design. We offer a rewarding and supportive environment for personal and professional development and our employee-owned ethos empowers everyone to use their voice. We believe in creating an equitable and inclusive culture, founded on our values, which celebrates knowledge sharing and our successes, to build an inspiring work environment.
It is our distinctive employee-owned working culture that has contributed to our status as a World Architecture Top 100 Practice, renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy.
Our benefits package includes agile, flexible and hybrid working, (a minimum of 3 days in office, up to 2 days WFH) annual leave increasing with long service, life assurance, study sponsorship with paid study leave, sabbaticals, employee assistance programme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, virtual GP service, subscription fees, company day out, a volunteering scheme and enhanced learning & development opportunities.
We are looking for someone who is well-organised and has experience managing and delivering work packages on site, in particular RIBA workstages 4 & 5, with excellent technical and construction knowledge.
We are looking for candidates who have the following skills:
- AABC accredited or willing to work towards it
- Part 3 qualified and have at least 5 years working as a Project Architect for a UK based practice or equivalent professional qualification.
- Project management and contract administration skills
- Have excellent technical skills
- Conservation experience
- Have a strong understanding of the UK Building and Planning regulations
- Leadership experience managing a small to medium sized team
- Experience of taking responsibility for the financial success of projects
- Be well organised, proactive and enthusiastic approach to work and projects
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Proven experience working on all RIBA stages
- Demonstrate good client-facing communication skills
- Excellent technical detailing
- Experience in using and or managing others using technical software. AutoCAD, Revit and NBS software is desirable
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
As world leaders of Heritage and Conservation, Purcell is committed to embracing diversity and equal opportunity within our international teams, reflective of the society in which we work and live.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and celebrate differences through our culture of employee ownership.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.