Title: Passive House Architect/Architectural Technologist/Consultant
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
Location: Lymm, Cheshire
Hours: Full time or part time
The role would cover three main elements:
- The architectural design for Ecospheric’s own developments
- Provision of Passive House and low energy design advice to architectural practices that enables them to deliver highly complex sustainable projects. Supported by our industry leading technical experts, you will engage with clients offering advice that fundamentally directs the initial massing, design scope and approach through to critiquing design and details. The expertise you provide will direct some of the most ambitious, award winning sustainable projects in the UK
- Writing and producing sustainability statements in support of planning, reports for clients, as well as of case studies and presentations for a variety of audiences.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for an (ARB) registered Architect or (CIAT) Architectural Technologist with qualifications and/or experience in Passive House design. We will consider candidates from other professional backgrounds providing they have an in-depth knowledge of how houses are constructed and excellent CAD and portfolio presentation skills.
- ARB registered architect (desired)
- CIAT Architectural Technologist (desired)
- Professional qualification related to the built environment (essential)
- Passive House Designers qualification (desired)
- Experience of taking responsibility for client relationships and running projects (essential)
- Experience in both retrofit and new build with sustainable design focus (essential)
- CAD expert (product flexible) and Sketchup proficient (essential)
- Bid writing and estimate creation (desired)
- Creation of client facing presentations (essential)
- A full UK/European driving license (essential)
- Excellent spoken and written English (essential)
As a team, we are focused on projects that drive innovation in sustainability and change within the built environment. It is important that all members of our team have a passion for low energy design and a strong desire to have a positive impact on society. The position also requires the following attributes:
- Excellent project management skills
- Conscientious and thorough – good attention to detail is critical
- Skilled at client management
- Passionate and proactive with a positive can-do attitude.
If you have questions about this position, please email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.