Website Denton Corker Marshall
Denton Corker Marshall is seeking a Senior Architectural Technologist / BIM coordinator to join its team, in London or Manchester.
Denton Corker Marshall is an international architectural practice with offices in London, Manchester, Melbourne and Jakarta. We design and deliver buildings whose functionality, contextual response, environmental performance and aesthetic qualities come together in striking, well-focused architecture. We work across many building types, on buildings that often have multiple users and functions. Our goal is to design buildings and places that are memorable and highly effective in the way they surpass the expectations of clients, local authorities and communities.
Our UK studios, now celebrating our 30th anniversary, have tight-knit, diverse and young teams in London and Manchester who work very closely together. Our projects are a mix of residential, hospitality and commercial buildings, all of notable scale and quality.
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Architectural Technician to join a small, dynamic and highly respected architectural practice, well known internationally for their bold, refined and high quality designs.
This dynamic role will provide ongoing technical support to projects and have primary responsibility for maintaining and developing the practice’s BIM systems and processes. As the number of projects the practice is working on with BIM increases, there is a need for an experienced technician to help the practice maintain the production of high quality design information in an efficient and timely manner.
Denton Corker Marshall prides itself on creating thorough, well-crafted and memorable buildings and it is intended the recruitment of an experienced, highly competent technical person with the right software skills could become an important part of the practice.
- assist in BIM project setup and maintenance according to company standards
- creation and maintenance of practice Revit content including component/family libraries
- to work closely with all BIM and Revit users as required on each project
- help facilitate BIM coordination workshops and report progress at the project design team meetings as required on each project
- help maintain and develop practice-wide BIM procedures, processes and strategies in support of ongoing project work
- assist practice management to help ensure all project teams meet the specific project digital requirements
- provide technical troubleshooting advice as required on each project
Desirable experience and skills:
- architecture or architectural technology degree or equivalent
- three plus years of experience as BIM coordinator
- advanced and comprehensive knowledge and experience with Revit/five plus years of working experience with Revit as the primary tool
- experience of BIM Level 2 in their project work
- experience of undertaking clash detection activities is advantageous
- experience in Revit API is advantageous
- have a good understanding of business processes, standards and ISO requirements
- experience of working independently and within a team
- fluent in English – spoken and written proficiency
- highly organised, meticulous and result-driven
- able to effectively communicate complex technical strategies to a range of people at different levels within the business
- self-motivated with an aptitude for autonomous work and continuous development
- keen to take ownership of the new role and use their own initiative to help develop the practice’s BIM capabilities
Salary according to experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, send us your CV, together with your salary expectations.
Denton Corker Marshall is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.