Website Denton Corker Marshall
Denton Corker Marshall is seeking a project architect to join its team in Manchester, UK.
Denton Corker Marshall is an international architectural practice with offices in London, Manchester, Melbourne and Jakarta. We design and deliver buildings whose functionality, contextual response, environmental performance and aesthetic qualities come together in striking, well-focused architecture. We work across many building types, on buildings that often have multiple users and functions. Our goal is to design buildings and places that are memorable and highly effective in the way they surpass the expectations of clients, local authorities and communities.
Our UK studios, now celebrating our 30th anniversary, have tight-knit, diverse and young teams in London and Manchester who work very closely together. This is an exciting time for the practice, and in particular the Manchester studio, expanding its team and with a great portfolio of projects about to go on site. Our projects are a mix of residential, hospitality and commercial buildings, all of notable scale and quality.
We are looking for a project architect with Revit experience to join us in our Manchester studio. The architect will be responsible for the provision of competent design solutions to problems, promoting and maintaining the highest level of architectural design quality and innovation. Candidates should have proven experience in managing teams and in maintaining good relations with clients and overall design team. The practice is keen to attract the best people and clear routes for career development exist for the right candidates.
- provide full architect’s service as described in the RIBA plan of work and the standard form of agreement for the appointment of an architect and ensure compliance with clients’ requirements, codes of practice and relevant legislation
- liaise with and provide architectural advice to a wide range of clients
- manage design projects from brief to completion
- programme, allocate and monitor project work and carry out allocated tasks competently and professionally within determined financial budgets and fee/cost targets
- contribute to the assessment of team resource capacity, allocate and monitor work, whilst providing management support and direction to a multidisciplinary team
- proactive in identifying new business opportunities
- carry out duties appropriate to the grade of the post including occasional travel to other offices and sites as required
- promote continuous improvement and deliver demonstrable high-quality products and services which embrace quality standards
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- over five years’ post-Part 3 experience on UK projects
- competent technical knowledge
- experience leading projects from RIBA stages 3/4 to completion
- demonstrate on-site experience
- good Revit and BIM skills
- knowledge of NBS and writing specifications
- proactive, confident, thorough with attention to detail
- UK working permit (where required)
Salary according to experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, submit your CV and portfolio (PDF, max 10MB), together with your salary expectations, via the ‘apply’ link below.
Denton Corker Marshall is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.