Website Bowker Sadler Ltd
Bowker Sadler Architecture is a RIBA chartered, award winning practice based in Greater Manchester, delivering a wide variety of exciting projects across a number of different sectors and value, locally and nationwide. Due to a strong pipeline of work, we are looking for a highly skilled, enthusiastic and motivated, project architect to join our team.
Operating from a beautiful Grade II Listed building in South Manchester, Bowker Sadler offer a collaborative approach to design development and project delivery, providing a supportive and friendly structure for individuals to develop their skills and progress their careers.
Bowker Sadler Architecture offer:
- Flexible working, with a 4.5 day week including a 1pm finish every Friday.
- The opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the construction industry in designing and delivering Residential, Educational, Commercial, Industrial, Heritage, Masterplanning and Specialist projects across the country.
- A strong focus on achieving a work/ life balance, meaning that overtime is not expected and there is a strong appreciation of the team.
- A “no-ego” approach, allowing each team member to feel integral to the company and connected to each other.
- Investment into each individual’s career aspirations and progression.
- Friendly and caring environment with excellent staff retention, where over 30% of staff have been with the practice for over 15 years.
Project Architect, Education
We are currently looking for someone with strong design and detailing skills to work on a varying range and scale of projects including specialist SEND, refurb and new build. Applicants must have experience with the Priority School design process and DfE Output Specification.
Required skills & experience
- A minimum of 2 year’s post qualification working in the UK.
- Applicants should be registered with the Architect’s Registration Board or hold an equivalent international professional qualification.
- Experience of having a lead architect role, organising and managing projects through all the RIBA stages.
- Ability to present and deliver projects through concept design, feasibility & planning stages.
- Excellent graphic & presentation skills including 3D visualisation.
- Working experience of compiling a NBS
- Manage client and project team relationships.
- Working knowledge of Building Regulations and ability to liaise with statutory authorities during design and construction stages.
- Ability to meet deadlines with an efficient work rate and good time management skills.
- Client facing with project team management skills.
- Working experience using Revit software (BIM L2 beneficial).
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills, with the ability to take appropriate initiative within a team environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Commitment to following QA procedures.
Bowker Sadler Architecture is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Please email your CV and pdf portfolio of work (which illustrates your strengths and work you are the author of) to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.