We are a successful & long-standing South Manchester Practice overseeing the design and delivery of education, residential and commercial projects nationally. Due to a continuous and strong pipeline of work, Bowker Sadler Architecture are now looking for highly skilled, enthusiastic and self-motivated, project architects to join our friendly team. Bowker Sadler Architecture has a balanced working etiquette and strong appreciation of all our staff, resulting in low staff turnover with high levels of staff and customer satisfaction.
With a mix of project typologies, varying in size and complexity, you’ll have the opportunity to work on anything from education projects, residential, mixed-use or commercial developments, to large one-off dwellings. Due to our varied portfolio of work, the successful candidate will have a strong eye for design and detailing that can be applied across various sectors.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 4 years post qualification working in the UK
- Applicants should be registered with the Architect’s Registration Board, or hold an equivalent international professional qualification
- Experience of having a lead architect role, organising and managing projects through all the RIBA stages in education, residential or mixed-use projects
- Prepare initial concept designs, feasibility drawings and 3D models
- Produce presentation and planning submission drawings. Liaise with planning officers and statutory consultees as required and monitor the application through to a determination
- Close attention to detail and strong technical ability
- Preparation of tender documentation including NBS specifications
- Working experience of both refurbishment and new builds; Design & Build and Traditional projects.
- The ability to meet deadlines with an efficient work rate and good time management skills.
- Attend meetings with the client (and other consultants) at an early stage to agree the project brief
- Fluency in Revit (BIM L2 beneficial) and experience using this software on live projects
- Good working knowledge of the education sector (Priority School design process and DfE Output Specification) and/or Public & Private Residential Design Guides would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills are key, with the ability to work in a team
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Competitive salary and excellent career prospects for the right individual.
We work a 4.5 day working week.
Bowker Sadler are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Please email your CV and pdf portfolio of work (which illustrates your strengths and work you are the author of,) to: email@example.com
No agencies please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.