BDP’s Landscape Architect profession is involved in a variety of exciting and challenging projects. As a core discipline of BDP, the landscape profession is able to drive positive urban change through our integrated approach to design; creating places for people to experience and enjoy.
Due to a growing workload in our North Landscape Team, we are seeking a Chartered / Senior Landscape Architect to work out of either our Manchester or Sheffield Studios, with the opportunity to work with our landscape teams based in other UK studios. Candidates will need to have strong design and technical skills, and contribute to a large, evolving and exciting programme of work. As a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists, BDP offers a unique opportunity to work on a range of high-profile projects within multi-disciplinary project teams.
Teamwork is at the core of our approach, and you will have the opportunity to collaborate and support other members of our landscape team in the design and delivery of a broad range of projects.
· You will have a degree in Landscape Architecture.
· You will be a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute.
· You will have an attractive hand drawing style or equivalent skill in quickly visualising designs for clients in 3D.
· You will have excellent design and communication skills and capable of transmitting your passion for Landscape Architecture to clients, other professions and the broader team.
· You will have an in-depth working knowledge of 2D and 3D drafting packages, and ability in, or the aptitude to utilise, Revit.
· You will have detailed knowledge of Landscape Design and a keen interest in creating high quality and sustainable places.
· You will be results driven, enjoy challenging opportunities, have a positive attitude and are resourceful.
· You will have the potential to mentor others.
· You will be organised, have the ability to work to, and achieve, tight deadlines and will be able to work collaboratively with people at all levels and from all backgrounds.
· You will have a high degree of integrity, respect and sense of responsibility.
· You will be keen to develop your personal and professional skills in a supportive environment.
BDP is a major interdisciplinary practice of architects, engineers and designers working together to design and create inspiring ‘places for people’. Founded in Preston in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, North America, the MENA region, India, Singapore and China. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors and has over 1000 awards for design quality.
Our studios are vibrant. We offer thought leadership and inspirational solutions, and we use our creativity to shape design rather than simply implement solutions. We aspire to deliver projects with maximum value to our clients and minimum impact on the planet.
BDP is actively fostering an inclusive organisation where people can be themselves and everyone has a sense of belonging. We want our teams to be diverse at every level, reflecting the communities we design for. As designers, we will create spaces for all that promote equity, wellbeing and participation within the built environment. We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different skills, professional and life experiences, to join us and help us to achieve our aspirations. We also welcome applications from candidates who wish to work flexibly.
BDP offers a great opportunity for your personal development with exposure to the full range of our skills and expertise, as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, profit shares, contribution towards professional subscriptions a stimulating working environment and excellent prospects for career advancement.
*Salary is depending on skills and experience. Please state your salary expectation as part of your application.
Please visit https://careers.bdp.com/Home/Guest, find this job in the list of vacancies, click “Apply” and complete the online application form. Please ensure that you attach a CV and a portfolio illustrating samples of your work
No agencies or third-party applications please.
Deadline for applications – 10th February 2023
To apply for this job please visit careers.bdp.com.